Saturday, July 01, 2006

Self - sabotage ?!

I've always been very proud of my mind. I've always thought my brain was my best weapon, something I could use to give me an edge in almost any situation. It just never ocurred to me that, just as every other type of weapon, it could be used against me. It was, as a whole, a very scary experience... an alarm of sorts.
The last few weeks I'd been feeling strange. Part of my face just didn't "feel" normal, and I had these weird headaches. It started out just around my eyes and was expanding, slowly but surely. You don't have to have a MD to figure out that just is plain weird. So I went to see people who actually have MD's hehehe to see exactly what was going on. After a few MRI's, EEG's and a big scare, they told me there was nothing wrong with me. I was 100% healthy.

And yet, half my face was numb !

So what was it ? Stress. Turns out I think things too much. I just came out of a lot of things in my personal life and at the job, and I happened to have a bit more time off. Time my precious little mind decided to put to good use sabotaging my nervous system. Damn.... DAMN! It was the first time in my life I felt ill without knowing what was wrong with me, and it wasn't a good feeling at all. And to think it wasn't some sort of injury, infection, something I ate, something I hit my head with, some deadly disease. It was me ! Overthinking my brain until it smoked. I really makes you wonder what the hell was so important, if it was, that was stressing me so much it made me ill. How can a young, healthy, smart (and good looking to boot hehe) guy let something like that happen to him? And of course, it makes you realize it's just wrong.
Doctor's orders: I need to relax, to take things easy, one day at a time. I have to remind myself "just for today" concentrate on what I can actually do, and not worry about things I can't do anything about at the moment. And enjoy myself as I do. So I'm happy to say I started by sharing a couple of bottles of red with two good friends last night. I'm already feeling better... it's a shame I had to go through something like this to get a head's up. But at the end of the day the important thing is that I learned my lesson.
It summer time dammit ! As a wise kid named Calvin once led by example, it's meant to be lived outside, not no sufferd inside.
So ? get to it ! There's a moral to this story you know ?

1 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger Bondwalker said...

Oh yeah! A new and improved Rob! By the way, you can always use my mantra:
INGUESUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!
hehehe
MUACK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home