Monday, May 15, 2006

One more, none to go...

Work wise, I go practically stress free except for a few weeks a year. The very worst are one in may, another in november. We host this tournament and every day of the previous week is a pain, and the competition by itself is basically hell. This one proved to be no exception (literally, we were at over 100ยบ ) But I'm glad to say everything went well, and it was the first time in well over 10 years that when it was all over, I didn't stand there thinking "'till next semester."
You see it's very very likely that this was my last one. Or at the very least the last one where I actually have to work. Changes are coming, and they approach quickly. The scary part is I'm not completely sure what those changes will be. I know I'll be in a different place, I know I'll be doing something else. It's the what and the where that're starting to get me. And yesterday, when everything was over, when I was just sitting with my friends, sipping a beer, I had one of those moments. You know what I'm talking about. One of those moments in which you suddenly realize you just took a step, a mark in time you can now officially look back on. "I did good... and most of this crowd will keep doing it in my place... and I'm damned proud of them!" And I couldn't help but smile to myself.
Yes, change is in the wind... and I can't help but wonder what the wind will bring with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home