Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Ghosts of birthdays past...

So I'm now officially one year older (actual date was Sunday, apparently Bondwalker has now made it an Australian Holiday). I generally think I don't worry much about my age. I'm not one of those people who get worried that "time is running out." The fact that I don't have a girlfriend or that I'm just about to go back to school doesn't worry me at all, at least consciously.
I have to say that I had a great time, I had a party on Saturday and people actually came, and I spent a good part of Sunday with a reaaally special person. But the week before was kind of weird. Not sad or anything, just weird. I kept having these flashbacks of sorts, things would come up that would remind me of important things that happened in the past both good and bad. And it was... well, weird. Comparing the life I had then, how I felt, who I was with, what was I thinking, what were my dreams... and where I am now. I saw a girl I used to go out with and she told me I'd changed a lot since then (a little bit over a year, year and a half maybe). And maybe I have, who knows ?
The important thing is, I guess, that I'm mostly happy with how life has treated me, or how I have managed to live through it. A year wiser, just as handsome haha, I can't complain. So what to do know... I guess I'll just start getting ready for next year!
And, btw, thanks to everybody who remembered and who helped make it a special day :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home