Thursday, May 04, 2006

Back to the beach: the plan...

A very cool thing came up a couple of weeks ago and I should have blogged it then... but better later than never!
I used to go to summer camp. In Mexico that's not very common, at least not traveling to another city for it. I can safely say that for 6 years I had the time of my life there. I went from being a kid to being a teen al the way to being something resembling an adult. The people I met, the experiences I had, everything I learned not just from camping but from my friends, was nothing short of magical. Believe me, just talking about those years could keep me blogging for weeks.
Well, time has a certain way of passing, and while at the beginning we all kind of kept in touch we mostly drifted apart. Or at the very least I did. That was 10 years ago (ten !! damn!!!) Since then I've had the habit of googling up some of my friends, seeing if something interesting comes up. I learned a few things but I never came up with any addresses or means of contact, until a few weeks ago. I found an email for a girl that was one of my very best friends during those years and in less than 10 hours, I had written her and she'd answered. I have to tell you, it had been a long time since I smiled like that. After 10 freakin' years I had just found someone... and the coolest part was something she told me: she said she'd been wondering for months how the hell she was going to find me, and then she stopped worrying, because she knew I'd find her. And I did. Is that cool or what ?
Of course you realize we just had to meet, so after some discussion, the designated place was playa(was there ever any doubt ?), two weeks from now. The beach will bear witness of a reunion way overdue. And believe me, it will rock. Oh yes, it will rock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home