Saturday, July 15, 2006

On to the next adventure...

Yesterday I got some very good news. I was granted a student loan that will help me make my next adventure come true. Pending further details: my visa, housing arraingements, flights... hey, I never said they were little details hehe... I will be spending a year in France.
This will probably be my biggest adventure yet. Officially, I'll be coursing a master's degree. Off the record... wow... there are just so many reasons. I've never beed away from home for that long, so that's a good one. The feeling of being independent, 100%, at last. The prospect of learning french as a 3rd language is up there as well. There's always that little voice in my head telling me that my story can't only be told on this little place I call home. There's the fact that my family, la banda, is basically already gone, conquering the world and I can't be left behind. Someone incredibly dear to me once answered another friends' question to why I was leaving by saying I was running away from her. It really hurt, even thought some of it might even be true.
The fact of the matter is, I just "don't find myself" (an expression in spanish, usually I don't do that, but it's just right on the money) in this town anymore. Home is where the heart is, home is where your friends and family are, home is where you can just let your guard down, feel confortable, feel happy. Home is where you make yourself belong. My friends are long gone, my family is material for a few other blogs all by itself, my heart isn't mine to give, but doesn't have a home, and each day that passes I grow more tired with my life here. It's come to the point that the question isn't really why I'm leaving, it's more like why would I stay?
It isn't over yet, and it's a process that's been brewing for some time now. My friends have been there lighting my way, helping me push myself for this, and supporting me through the whole deal. My mom's done a heck of a job aswell, even thought she will be the one who misses me the most. I've drawn strenght, inspiration, resources from sweetie, bondwalker, joch and my bro. And it seems it's all finally bearing fruit. I'm nervous, I'm excited, I'm worried and I'm scared. I really don't know what's going to happen when it's over, what will happen while I'm gone. But I'm sure it's going to be the adventure of a lifetime. I know it's going to make me a bigger and better rob. And all thought I might be losing some things, I will be gaining some more. And at the end of the road, that's what adventures are all about.
Oh... it's on!!!

2 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Blogger Bondwalker said...

As a wise llama would say...
Bring it on!

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Bondwalker said...

Ahem. sorry As a wise llama ONCE said...
Bring it on! (sorry, still hungry, can't concentrate :P)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home