Monday, December 05, 2005

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

This morning I officially started thinking about Xmas time. It's December, it's cloudy and just a bit chilly, and there's a tree full of lights in my living room. I like Xmas actually, I'm no grinch. I like buying gifts and I won't deny that getting some is pretty cool too. But most of all, I like spending time with my friends. For the past couple of years my group of friends has been hindered by distance, so it's not very often that we're all under the same roof. The last time was actually last year's holidays.
So today, preparations start. I will be making a list, and checking it twice. I'll begin to make things ready for that day, I'll try to organize my shopping and start working on the menu. I've got dessert ready, btw, and it's a winner ! I'll be thinking of who will be there, who probably won't show up and who I wish would. In the end, of course, it's not about fancy gifts or elegant meals. It's about La Banda, my dearest friends whom I've chosen to call family, and the day we celebrate together.
Let the countdown begin !

1 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger Bondwalker said...

Strawberries with chocolate... Pretzels with chocolate...
Marshmallows with chocolate...
YUUUUMMIIIII.... Can we have the Navibanda now?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home